...because there is a little country living in all of us



Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Ahead

I awoke this morning and the snow is ALL gone!  Last night, the temperatures rose and a spring rain came through to melt it all away!  Finally, spring is making it's way to northern Michigan!  I am very excited for the approaching growing season and await not so patiently for my tulips and daffodils to poke their heads above ground!  But until then, we will have to make do with the signs of spring indoors.  










My paperwhites are finally starting to open up.  I previously mentioned that I like to force them after the holidays and use them in my spring decor.  Don't you agree that the green stems and white blossoms portray spring perfectly?  








I forced some of the bulbs in a vintage wooden ice cream-maker bucket.   I love using these old wooden buckets in my decor.  They hold so much character.  My other ice cream bucket sits on our kitchen island.  I can't wait to show you what I did with it next time.


















This metal rose piece came from one of my favorite dealers.  Over the last couple of years, we have become friends and she knows my taste so well!  As I look around my home, I see many unique treasures that she found for me!  Thanks so much, Susie!














I hope you have enjoyed these little touches of spring!  Thank-you to my new followers and for all of your sweet comments!  I could never say thank-you enough for them... they so make my day!  You have probably already noticed, but I wanted to point out that I have created a button on my sidebar.  Feel free to grab it if you wish!


Enjoy this wonderful day!



Maria ~Rusty Hinge
  




22 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, Love your touches of spring and all the pretty green vignettes....
    Your wood ice cream maker bucket is wonderful!
    Happy Spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shots of your flowers. Love the old ice cream maker. That is a great idea. Love you seltzer bottle collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper whites definitely bring a spring touch to your decor. And I'm LOVING that metal rose vine that looks like it was made to go with your window. Your vintage hankie garland finishes off your table display so nicely.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Paperwhites are so pretty and definetley add a springy touch to your decor :o) Your living room is so beautiful....I always love seeing what you are up to!!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love paperwhites:) I also LOVE that window as well as the metal rose vine!!! The weather over here was 81 (southern MI) today and my bulbs are peeking out the the ground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful photos!! I need to read up on how to force flowers. They look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always force my paperwhites during the holidays and after seeing yours wish I would have saved some out for Spring. They add a perfect touch:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos and I love the window..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paperwhites are gorgeous any time of the year. Love your containers and beautiful photography!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice friend to have !!! Finding you your neat little treasures...The frame with the roses is an eye catcher!!! Blessings Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. spring looks beautiful in your home! There's nothing better than seeing bulbs peek through the dirt to get us ready for spring. I love how simple but beautiful they are on your table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just want to take everything in your house and put it in mine, Maria! lol! Everything you touch is just magical and pulls at my heartstrings! :) Even the way the curve of your new iron piece follows the arched window is perfection! (yeah...I notice goofy things like that). Now I wish I had grown some paperwhites..... lolol! BEAUTIFUL as always, sweetie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your pretty vintage touches! Your photos look amazing. Love it all!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty...love the colors of your vintage seltzer bottle collection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks so beautiful Maria! I can't wait to see your other ice cream bucket...they are so cool!!!

    xo

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria! I love your beautiful touches of spring. Forcing the paperwhites now is a wonderful idea. I also am crazy about all your seltzer bottles. I just bought my first one! The architectural elements in your home are gorgeous too. You've inspired me on this cold and blustery Washington day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria,
    Paperwhites are so pretty.I will try those next winter.Looks like we will have things blooming soon around here.Winter seems to be over.Love that ice cream bucket.I love finding unique pieces like that for my home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you ever so much for sharing another amazing post! I am always so inspired with each visit. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria