...because there is a little country living in all of us



Friday, December 21, 2012

A Stool for Christmas

The weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, let it snow!  Even if I planned to go anywhere, not today!  I am snuggled in at home while a huge storm passes by.  It brings with it a foot of snow (or more!) with 50 mile per hour winds.






Days like today are perfect for catching up on all sorts of indoor projects and that is exactly what I did all morning.  So why not squeeze in another post before Christmas and show you what I have been up to!








Previously, I found this perfectly weathered, chippy stool in red, green and white at one of my favorite antique shops called Changing Thymes in Grandville, Michigan.  Today, I picked out one of my used coffee sacks in matching green and red lettering to recover the seat top.  Perfect for Christmas, don't you think?


















On another note, I am super excited to be featured in the Eclectically Vintage Festive Holiday Tour!  Thank-you very much, Kelly, for including our home!




You don't want to miss out on these gorgeous Christmas homes, so *Click Here* to take the tour! 


Lastly, before I leave you to go enjoy Christmas festivities, I want to send out a couple big THANK-YOUS to the following ladies for featuring my Christmas home tour (just click on their button to take a peek at it) on their wonderful blogs...


Thank you for all the very sweet compliments, Donna!










Pretty House Things


 Finally, thank-you to Lucy at Craftberry Bush as well!  I just love your blog, Lucy, and am so glad to have found you!




I hope you all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!





Maria ~Rusty Hinge






17 comments:

  1. I am just in awe at your wonderful vintage treasures!!! Your home is so amazing!!
    Have a wonderful Blessed Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You my sweet friend have become so dear to me...thank you..xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to cover the wooden stool top with the burlap! I really never would have thought of it. Love the candy canes in the old serving bowl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this stool. What a great find! You recovered her just perfectly.

    Merry Christmas, Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to last all January too :) after the candy canes have been eaten...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful stool. I didn't realize you live in Michigan. That is were I am too. May have to check out the shop you mentioned:) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria-I LOVE your sweet little stool- She is just perfect for a bit of Christmas joy! I love it!!!! Where do you live in MI? UP or Lower peninsula? I live in WI and we go to the UP pretty often. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, your stool is FABULOUS!!! The grain sack looks like it was made for it or vice-versa.
    Merry Christmas, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria~ I love this so much!!! YOur pictures are just so beautiful. I am actually going to do a post right now. Unbelievable!!!

    Happy Holidays and thanks for sharing!
    xoxo~ Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria what a cool vintage stool!LOVE how you added the burlap too! Sounds like you got the same storm we had too! We are lucky just enough snow on the ground for white but not much stuck due to the winds!
    Merry Christmas!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Mia! Your decoration is very beautiful (as always)! I wish you a very merry Christmas with your family! With love, Geli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas Maria! I wish you lots of peace and happiness this season and in the new year.
    I love visiting you and seeingyour beautiful home and projects. I adore your home and style and always enjoy seeing what you're up to.

    Love and peace to you.....
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am away on vacation, but after looking at your stool, I want to get home to create something similar with some old stools we have.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very welcome Maria. Your home is so beautiful!

    Merry Christmas to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post, so Christmassy... Merry Christmas to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria