...because there is a little country living in all of us



Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happily Ever After

Wow, where has the time gone?  The summer has flown by and it certainly has been a busy one with a myriad of changes!  Let me try to catch you up with the short version!  We sold our farmhouse and moved to a rental house, but shortly after in God's providence, we found a beautiful, old Victorian in town and moved again.  Smack in between the two moves, my sister, Carla and (wonderful new brother-in-law) Joel, were wed on August 30!  She had asked me for help and I was more than honored to style their rustic barn venue with the vast array of vintage treasures that I collect in abundance!  I hope you don't mind that I share a few photos of that splendid day!


{All photography by D & E Image}









My Grandpa crafted all the beautiful wrought iron pieces, including the candelabras and kneeling bench.  These were the same pieces used in my wedding as well!












































































































Oh how I have missed you!  As we get more settled into our new home, I can finally begin to see glimpses of normalcy on the horizon and hope to soon be back on track with my blog and shop again.  And guess what?  It snowed here today (of course, I couldn't resist the urge to crank up some Christmas music!)  Which caused me great excitement to announce that I am thrilled to be included again in Jennifer Rizzo's most inspiring Holiday Housewalk!  This virtual tour of jaw-dropping festive Christmas homes begins the first week of December and the very first reveal of our new home (decked out for Christmas!) will be one of the house stops so please come back again for a look-see! 







10 comments:

  1. I've never read your blog before. I enjoyed the photos of the wedding which looked so perfect in every way. Loved the decor, the shades of green of the bridesmaids dresses and especially the venue. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so happy you posted again! It looks like your summer has been a beautiful one....the wedding and reception were breathtaking.
    I do hope you show us photos of your new home...I couldn't get enough of your farmhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour,

    Un très beau souvenir en images... Mariage pluvieux, mariage heureux !
    J'aime beaucoup ce côté vintage que vous avez brillamment mis à profit. Vos photos sont merveilleuses.
    Toutes mes sincères félicitations aux jeunes mariés. Je leur souhaite plein de bonheur.

    Gros bisous ☼

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I don't know that I have ever seen a more beautiful bride and a more beautiful wedding. All the vintage pieces make my heart beat faster and the way you pulled it together is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding looks just lovely! I look forward to the holiday house walk and your home is definitely one of my faves, I cant wait! xoxo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous wedding pictures and it looked so fun
    Love how the country items was included at the reception

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, I am just a new follower and I enjoyed seeing all the wedding pictures. What a great setting for the reception and a very handsome couple..I look forward to seeing your new home all ready for Christmas..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you all the best in your new home! Your sister and her new husband are a gorgeous couple and the pictures of their wedding look as if the wedding must have been a wonderful affair. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! May your union last the strains of hardships and eventualities. I think it's a great move on your part that you sold your farmhouse. There are many uses for land properties such as that and many more ways to elevate their function, purpose and value in ways that benefit a lot of people. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Trevor Reed @ ComField

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have shared an amazing blog here dear. I loved every pic which you have shared here. Your photographer clicked every picture so perfectly. You know I am also getting engaged at event venue Chicago this week, and hope my photographer will do such great work on that day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you and appreciate all of your comments. It's a treat to read each one!
Love,
Maria